Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Monitor Headphones
Enter Your BEST Email NOW
To Get Special Offers For Audio46.com
Impressive Value, Professional Features.
Combining an amazing set of features with an even more amazing price the ATH M40x Studio Monitor Headphones offer up what few in the game can do for under $100. For $100 you get a headphone with great studio monitoring sound, as well as 2 high quality detachable cables. One 3m straight cable as well as a 1.2m coiled cable.
The sound quality is very good, and one of the best for it’s price. Often overlooked by the M50x, the M40x offers a more neutral and balanced sound. With the cheap price tag of $100 and sturdy build quality, you can expect a headphone that can last for decades if well cared for. The ATH M40x Monitors are great for everyone, especially especially DJs and producers, or anyone on a budget.
- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
- 240 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned flat for incredibly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Professional monitor headphones ATH-M40x
- 590° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Detachable cable (2 cables included)
- Driver 40 mm
- Magnet Neodymium
- Voice Coil CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
- Frequency Response 15 – 24,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity 98 dB
- Impedance 35 ohms
- Weight 240 g (8.5 oz) without cable and connector
Fantastic For Mixing Films | Proven Flat Response
If you are after an unbiased, clean and flat reproduction of frequencies for critical audio mixing or monitoring tasks, this is THE headphone. You can clean up any audio mix done with monitors or headphones that color the frequencies in no time and can hear all the imperfections, necessary for proper mixing. Excellent built, fantastic quality and padding does not fall apart like the previous generation model. Compatible with multiple outputs. Worth every penny!
Best value in this range
It delivers incredibly accurate response at least through the mid-treble frequency range. I don’t want to judge unfairly at the upper treble range, so I’ll leave that alone, but string sections and reverb may, in my opinion, show up a little more weakly than intended, but I’m not certain about this. Excellent mechanical design, the pads are easily replaceable if need be, and the housing seems sturdy thus far. I have not tested it for how it handles falls yet, though. If it fails, I’ll update this.